Waxing Beauty Salon Penrith
Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for two to eight weeks, although some people will start to see re-growth in only a week.
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, face, bikini area, legs, arms, back, abdomen and feet. There are many types of waxing suitable for removing unwanted hair.
Penrith Waxing: Men and Women
Although we cannot predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, if hair is thin or weak, causing some hairs to grow out faster.
Please allow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible breakouts.
Below are our Top 8 Waxing Tips from the Esteem Hair Beauty Spa Therapists Penrith.
1. Avoid the sunn immediately after waxing and wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or solarium. Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours
2. Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing
3. Do not use exfoliating products (AHA’s, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin
4. Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
5. Regular twice to three times a week exfoliation is helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
6. No hot baths, hot showers or sexual activity for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.
7. Moisturise with a tea tree or lavender lotion after every shower, this has a soothing healing & antibacterial effect. If using an ingrown solution, use this alone until the in growns and redness is minimised, then return to the lotion for maintainence.
8. Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation (regular is 4 – 5 weeks)